likinstein's Quotidian Chronicles The cheerful, the doleful, the exceptional, the conventional, the hilarious, the serious,the intermittent...well its a journal...few captures too...


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hyderabad (India) To Maryland (USA)

BeBeBeeeep...BeBeBeeeep....
Does that sound familiar???? Yeah! Most of you will be right....That's the sound of my alarm clock..... I usually start my day with that sound. Well that day I was lazy and was pretending to act as if I was still asleep. Likhithaaaaaaaaa..... That's my mom yelling at me as it was 8AM.i still pretended that I was deeply asleep!! Well I heard my sister talking about my transfer certificate that I have to collect from my school! Well I showed a great deal of Determination....."Won't get out of my bed.....At anypoint!!"...... ~ RING RING ~ Got a call from my best friend rishika which actually made me blush and looked like I can't pretend anymore. Ha Ha! But I still cursed ADITYA ( Sun God) for not resting for a little longer time in the eastern countries and partially CHANDRA(Moon God) for his good bye.

Ok anyhow I got ready and was searching for my Spectacles.....Oh there.....They are....On my study table....... The safest place in my messed up room.......On that particular day..... it was actually hotter than the usual summer days in Hyderabad. I HATE SUMMER.For the number of trees present in our colony it was difficult for us to find some cool breeze or a little shadow.

Well, I started from my house at 9:30AM and did few things on collecting few details on the recquirements inorder to pack our luggage. That went well.....I returned home and recognized my relatives voices from the Elevator itself! I met everyone and started feeling strange about something......Well I don't really know what that something was.....I'm quite sure that I was feeling bad.....

~RING RING~ got a call from my dad and took a list of books that he needed...... HIT THE ROAD once again.... I was happy about that though.... I can spend a little more time outside with Hyderabad.......Went to Koti and got the books..... OOOOps.... I forgot about my transfer certificate.... God! I discovered the fact when it wad around 2:30PM .....Took my aunt and went to my PARADISE (school)...... I collected my transfer certificate and met one of 8th grade teacher......Felt happy......Then once again I met all of my friends......... I can feel the tears in my eyes..... I never cry.....That's how people remember me.....Gosh! Tired with all of those stereotypes.......Hmm...I'm always available for my friends......People usually come and gossip.....I never broke the code of silence and never revealed anyone's secrets!!! I would patiently hear them out, give a smile and an understanding nod, and reassure them. I don't remember holding a grudge on anyone and I'm always that someone,the one people usually feel comfortable to talk to......Well whether I liked it or not I was always that someone.....

I was somewhat determinant on that day for most of the things.....Even with my tears......Spoke with my little group of friends......I felt the force of my tears on my eyes....Looked up at the roof and took a strong breath into my lungs......(that's what I always do whenever I try to control my tears).......Didn't had the capacity to see my friends......coz I was sure that I will cry....Left the place and was out of the Principal's corridor....... *WAVES*.....To the school and all of the dear ones who supported me and trusted me....

I went back home with my aunt and answered all the phone calls and got hooked up with a call from one of the VIP of our school.....Spoke with her for a verrrrry long time and it was almost 11:45PM when I have to stop speaking with her and at that point I felt sad.......It was that time when I prepared to carry all the memories of my childhood in that city......It was that moment when I cursed the time for flying so fast like a bird in the sky.....Well I remember one word......TEMPERANCE....." This too shall pass"....... I was into the car by 12 mid night. Gave a glance at my friend olive's waves.....Wasn't prepared to leave her.....She was my strong support.....The car started.....We passed the the street where secunderabad St.Anns is located.....it was a moment that I realized that I will never turn back to this school for quizmaster challenges and I didn't care about showing my tears to my mom and cried for a long time ......I realized that I looked at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport's entrance..... Cleared my tears...... All of my relatives were there in the airport.....Didn't accept the fact that I won't speak with my sweetheart(Grand Mom) directly until for a long period of gap......Didn't bother to cry......As I atlast realized that there would be no use of my dropped down tears.....That's it..... Spotted my terminal and got inside the fight holding all the memories closer to my heart...... Sun slowly descended on the horizon, in a blaze of fire and orange and a billion colors in between......Entered the land of immigrants.....UNITED STATES.....


TO BE CONTINUED..........

posted by Likhitha @ 6:22 PM,


9 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey likhitha!!
omg!!!...i actually cried while reading ur story coz i had to go thru the same kind of emotions....i wanna goo back!!!  

At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi likhitha!
that is sooo sad! *sniff* i've only moved once in my life, and, I was still in the same county! yes, county.  

At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Likhitha said...

oh! sorry aditi....well i think it even reminded u about the good times...  

At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Likhitha said...

HEH HEH em...u r lucky...  

At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

likhithaaaaaaa!! IDIOT....You reminded me about my last day in Hyderabad....ahhhh! i cried for about an hour...my mom was kind of mad at me..HEH HEH...well its interesting though...Stay in touch buddy...no mail from a long time???  

At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...!this post is really touching...I MISS YOU...wish u never left india...come back...  

At Friday, June 30, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi likhiiii...
Miss u a loooooot....!!!malli ochesey ra india ki...natho undipo..as u know, me and my mom, we often talk about u...
love...Priyanka  

At Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Very Very interesting... I never experienced such emotions but ur post surely moved my mind....I'm sorry that you have to leave the place that you loved the most...  

At Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Likhitha said...

@monika : hmm...sorry...u should have taken a snap and have sent me the copy...hehe...i was quite busy becoz of school... well i will be in touch as now i have my days back... HOLIDAYS!!

@divya : aah!! I will be back some day...it may take few years... i miss india too...

@priya : Hi...thanks for the invitation... well... i miss u all too...what to do...thank u anyway...

@wing commander : Yeah!! thank you... what to do... sometimes that happens though we don't wish it to happen...