likinstein's Quotidian Chronicles The cheerful, the doleful, the exceptional, the conventional, the hilarious, the serious,the intermittent...well its a journal...few captures too...


Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th ( Independence day)

Its the one who controls the seasons run, the one who is the cause of late school boys go sour, the one who rises from east, Its the "Sun" who said hello to me and through windows and curtains called on us and bought back those staggering reminders of triumphant leaders who made this day infallibly memorable for the rest of the centuries.

United States being a home away from home, It's my responsibility to mention the respectful salutations on Independence day.

Its a day with friends and family, with remarkable and funfilled moments. It was pretty good with limited work and enough of time to go over all my mails and to open IM windows of my friends and exchange general well being news and few highlights ignited in our lives.

Its important to mention the magnificent launch of The Discovery Space Shuttle by the Kennedy Space center at 2:38 PM (EST). Though watched the launch on a T.V show, it starled me with its staggering lift-off through the fluffy clouds separating from its rocket boosters and flying high up into the sky where it floats to a zero gravity.

I was stuck with the astonishment for the modern marvel where it caught its speed to 15000 miles per hour. In short... I was overly joyous that my joy had no bounds.

As the day welcomed the dusk, It was time for the striking fireworks on July 4th.



The first-rate regalement would be mine if I had been to the beautiful, yet exciting display. Sadly we dropped the program for, the affection showed by the unasked rain.Well, I somewhat missed the merriment.

Later I happily invited the moon and enjoyed my bed time.

Closing for now...
Likhitha....

posted by Likhitha @ 2:18 PM,


5 Comments:

At Friday, July 07, 2006 1:42:00 PM, Blogger Abhay said...

wat more can i say, belated happy independence day :D  

At Friday, July 07, 2006 1:44:00 PM, Blogger Abhay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

At Friday, July 07, 2006 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Likhitha said...

Abhay: I just respect United States' independence day... but my independence day is on Aug 15th!!!Thank You :)  

At Friday, July 07, 2006 7:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice article. And I am happy too that the shuttle got launched. Sadly I was doing something with my rescue group at the time so I could not see it  

At Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:52:00 AM, Blogger Likhitha said...

@todd : thank you...yeah! me too...sadly u missed it... but the previous day we waited for it to launch and it didnot... ^~^!