likinstein's Quotidian Chronicles The cheerful, the doleful, the exceptional, the conventional, the hilarious, the serious,the intermittent...well its a journal...few captures too...


Friday, July 07, 2006

This Week---Overview!!

WARNING: I warn u, I love to write ; a LOT!!! Check my previous posts!!!

UPDATE ON THE ABOVE WARNING: I love to write, but I don't actually intend troubling my readers by giving them the difficulty to search their topics of interest! Cool huh???
that's why I came up with this new idea of arranging my blog into different sections....

Try reading this.... And tell me if it works or not.....

OVERVIEW:

You all wonder what happened with me this week???Well, A little bit of that, A little bit of this and A little bit of that and this....Hmmm.... Yeah.... Sure that there are few things that I can write on this blog!!

  • AMIGOS: My friends!!! As I mentioned before they r the coolest people on the mother earth!!! Nothing much happened with Indian friends.... They are quite busy with their Intermediate (11th and 12th grades). July 14th is Priya's Birthday( hope I don't forget to wish her). I had a lil conversation with rishika which really made me happy this week!! It was obviously a long-distant call and I didn't care on speaking for 30 mins!! Everything about the general enquiries and spotlights that made us feel special!

The one with me right now... Aditi pretty much surprised me with her arrival!! I didn't expect her.... But I was really happy to receive her! Yeah... We had fun going through the horoscope and speaking some blah blah blah stuff on upcoming Bollywood Music.I posed saying about the recent activity that I'm doing.... COOKING.... And sadly I didn't perform to her expectations and failed the test of cooking.... SO SAD :( .... And therefore DECIDED TO KILL MYSELF BY JUMPING INTO A FULL WATER SPOON.... Yeah!! :) :P :) :P .... But later dropped as a spoon would be too much.... I don't deserve to die in such a big water pool!! What about a water bottle cap??? Is that a good idea???

Todd was totally into that rescue team... Nothing to my surprise... he continued his service and now got a job as a lifeguard!! Emily designed her new room and its quite clean and neat and whatever that suits to be good. I think she is happy.... Others???? No idea... I Think they r too busy with their summer plans!!!

  • MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT: "kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" ----- Its music really rocks!! Its the best music that I heard in 2006.songs are really splendid enough to give a try!

"Godavari"--- heard that its a good movie... But have no idea on when I can get a DVD... hmm... Waiting.... Music wasn't that bad...

"Superman Returns"--- Heard there are not too many stunts --- Superman with out the extra jumps and bumps???? never imagined.... Well heard that there's something included about Space.... I didn't watch it yet.... Its still in my list...!!

One more such film is the Walt Disney's "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN-Dead man's chest" waiting to find a chance that I can hang out to watch Orlando in this movie...!! Lets see...What happens...

  • STUDY TIME : well, nothing much in this category... Just going through a website for SAT preparation.... number2.com .... Its pretty good and advisable to refer....

Begging my dad to teach me VB.net and ASP.net .... for which he is quite busy... so just brushing up something that adds up the list...

any ideas???

  • SPORTS : Soccer has driven people crazy in the past weeks. But what is the history of the game?

http://www.hindu.com/yw/2006/07/07/stories/2006070700090800.htm

  • IT Trends: Bar codes --- smart symbols that speak

Bar codes reinvent themselves to challenge radio tags as a viable tracking technology

The bar code is a machine-readable representation of information in a visual form — most commonly in the widths and spacings of printed parallel lines. These were read and interpreted by basic laser-based scanning devices. Today such code systems have become very common, on the labels of virtually every mass consumer item and Indian shoppers are used to bar code scanning systems in super market checkouts, in the airline tickets that they can book online and print at home, on the back covers of printed books to hold the International Standard Book Number (ISBN)....
But the hunger to store even more information has led to the bar code reinventing itself for a new era: Linear so-called 2-D bar codes, which can boost the information capacity of a given space over ten-fold.

****** Source - - - The Hindu (India's National Newspaper)

  • IN AND AROUND MY HOME: Things are pretty good going asusually... Its getting hotter everyday ... I can't believe that the temperature is 93F(33C).... with high humidity... I miss the Spring.... Its Blue Sky-Blossom blowing mornings,rain beckons, robin returns, greener looking grass, lovely colored smells.... Wow... Spring is the most beautiful season...I miss it...

weekend plans aren't really special except about visiting the National Air and Space Museum....

Sothat'ss it for now... Adios...

Likhitha...

posted by Likhitha @ 8:40 PM,


8 Comments:

At Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:20:00 AM, Blogger q said...

hey well likhita...u should seriously consider working for some news agency gal.u write well..and well maths was good..and ya well apporva did not call yet...me keepin fingers crossed ...  

At Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:22:00 AM, Blogger q said...

and well i saw the superman movie man..its good but somthings missin in it...the hero's puny...not the kind of superman we used to see earlier...but anyway do see the movie and decide for urself  

At Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:19:00 AM, Blogger Likhitha said...

Vishv:Nice that u did ur math paper pretty well and good luck...Yeah..I heard the same about Superman Returns and well it should be a purpose of entertainment i guess...!!  

At Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi likhi...Yeah! Kahi Alvida na Kehna is the best one... i like it too... hey that barcode stuff is interesting...smarty...where did u get that from?  

At Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:25:00 AM, Blogger Likhitha said...

Divya: Thank you for saying "smarty"... as I mentioned in my blog its from The Hindu... well yeah! music is always cool...  

At Friday, July 14, 2006 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Abhay said...

u'll do urself good by not watching 'godavari', really bored my brains out.....and gud luck for ur SAT's  

At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Satish said...

echo abhay.
and this news article kinda post is quite gud. but i think the font size needs to be increased.
and my new post can be expected in a couple of days  

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Likhitha said...

@Abhay : Hi..Thank you... Will not watch godavari then...I still have time for my SAT's :)

@Satish:Thank You... and about the font size... Sorr for the inconvenience... will make sure that its easy to read... ^_^!!

........Likhitha !@_@!